Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Divine realization







It was 22nd July, 2008 and I was in small town on that day to celebrate 50th anniversary of my favorite aunt, which turned out to be very different than what I was expecting.The aunt that I am referring to is a teacher in small village where she is working on her choice and has absolutely no regret in what she is doing today. I have never even seen any remorse feeling on her face with whatever minimal amount she is getting, though she is experienced enough in her profession and holding a good degree. She is a satiated lady I ever know. So turning back, it was a b’day of teacher who is honored amongst her students, school staff including peons and also amongst her village people. When I had received an invitation from her school staff for joining them for the celebration I had absolutely no clue about the celebration.
It was monsoon season when I was in the village. The village was showered with nature. Definitely, ones stress would have got soothed and one had rejoiced for sure during that period. So I was in full mood to be with my aunt on that auspicious day. Indeed to mention I like to visit her school. The school is very different than what we city guys do attend and have experienced.
Teacher in village areas have various roles to play in their life apart from just teaching the syllabus and cultivating students. Here I have seen many teachers contributing out of their own pockets for establishing school library, and even for school picnics. So I had gone to school with my aunt and on our way to school I saw many students carrying flowers to the school. When I had reached the school, I saw many of them sharing colors, card papers with each other. Some were busy in classroom and had closed the classroom’s doors. Some students were standing in groups and discussing about some sequences and giving numbers to each one in group.
After the prayer all of us had gathered in school’s ground and then the principal of the school came in front. He addressed all of us and said it is one of their family member’s b’day and today all of them are in full mood to celebrate it. I was dazed with the statement he referred.”Family member”, it really means a lot. All of them are sharing something that holds them together and bind. Then he requested students to come forward and present the menu that they had decided for their favorite Mam. One of the students stood and ordered to put hands together in definite pattern for their teacher and wished her happy birthday and sung song. Then one by one student was coming forward and started briefing for his teacher, whose b’day was on that day. The speeches were organized and I was stun at all the students. They were just not praising their teacher but actually mentioning the true experiences that they had shared with her and how they had overcome the problems with the help of their teacher. They were also taking this opportunity to thank her on that day and were praying to God that they should get one this kind of mother at every path of their life.
The students that I saw there were just in high schools but when I listen to their speeches I found them more mature than what high school students are actually are. One of the student had come in front was past student, who is now working in the same school out of her wish. Whatever she had addressed brought tear in every one of our eyes. The most important content from her speech was what one should be taking from our teacher? She asked us to take nice handwriting from her, her sweet voice, capability that she has to listen to once problems and give solutions, her language and habit of not uttering any kind of harsh words under any circumstances to anyone in front of her and last but not the least is her approach and attitude towards the life which is keeping her young though she is entering in golden jubilee. After the last speech all students stood in one queue to present handmade bouquet and cards to their teacher for greeting their teacher. It was really unbelievable to see such long queue and nice bouquets that one can make with his/her hands. Entire school was in celebration mood. There were Rangolis drawn outside the classes. Every class’s blackboard had day special as their teacher’s golden jubilee. Then the turn came for my aunt oh, excuse for teacher whose b’day was it. She thanked everyone and thanked God for giving such nice opportunity to work for kids. She even thanked her teachers who shown her the path and enlighten her satisfactory areas at right time of her age. It was incredible.
How come one want to run his/her life for someone else without expecting any benefits out of it? When I asked her about it she said, those who really want it they are never afraid of ending once life in sacrificed way. Rather satisfaction is the only criteria and means of once life then. Such people never bothered whether they will ever get recognized even.
Amazing, that day I really had seen saint I guess. I guess I had seen divine power in human, which enlightened me and made me think for the contribution from my end that I am suppose to do in only one life I have ever got. I felt this celebration was not for someone’s birthday but it was celebration of the day, when God raised a divine power in someone. While all the thinking process was running suddenly someone addressed me to wish my aunt, I woke up but couldn’t say anything apart from few lines:
“Denaryane det jaave,
ghenaryane ghet jaave,
gheta gheta eke divshi,
denaryache haat ghyave!”

3 comments:

Kedar said...

Very nice Experience and a wonderful delight to read your post. It is indeed because of such simple but great people, who are serving the nation and performing their duties religiously, we can hope for better future for our country and ourselves.

I have also studied in the same kind of school for primary education (even smaller...only one classroom for 1st to 4th grade!!!) and our teacher used to come to school on bicycle from his place some 10 km away from the school...daily...non-stop!!!

I think such wonderful people deserves much more respect and appreciation from community, though they themselvels may not be thinking of it at all.

Anyway...keep writing. Best of luck!!!

Jitu speaks out said...

hey pranali, really nice one.

gr8 blog. forces u to think ur responsibility towards society/nation.

Puneeth said...

Great post! Nice to hear about such experiences.